Sunday, April 17, 2011

Another Mother's Day Card


I have been on a role today!  This is another card that I had worked out in my head this week based on the 365 Cards Challenge "Fancy Folds Pop-Up."  This week their challenges have been just awesome!  I have been doing a lot of creating of "Firsts."  So make sure you check out my earlier cards this week, my first double step card (Mother's Day) and my first funky fold triangle card.  They were a lot of fun!  I used papers from this months Swirlydoos kit.
Here is my card!
Here you can see some Petaloo flowers and Prima flowers.  I used some Prima trim...all from my Swirlydoos kits.  Love the Bo Bunny Cameo!  I used a perfect medium pen and doodled on some leaves, and then brushed them with Perfect Pearls in Copper by Ranger.  Those fabulous little raised dots were created using Ranger's liquid pearls in Bisque.
I used these papers from my kit
The inside paper I used from a past kit
For the inside I used this sweet image from the Graphics Fairy.  All I did to this image was remove the White border.
Here are some close ups.
I really did a lot of distressing with my distrez tool on that little piece around the cameo!  I also used it on the base and insert of the card.  The blue pp was inked with tumbled glass and then vintage photo (both by Ranger).  The other pp I inked with Vintage photo only.
Here is a photo of this card in the making.  So you can see that it will be a "pop up" card.
I used my Silhouette SD to create a pattern, and then had it cut out this shape for me.  Notice the little fold in the middle.  That is what my Graphic fairy image will be attached to..so it will be down when the card is folded, and pop up when the card is opened.
Here is the inside.
I just love the distressing on this card!  I put some lace across the bottom of the sweet image, and a Petaloo flower, so it looks like it is  "one" with the paper...lol.  The font I used is the same as the first Mother's Day card, and did use my Silhouette Sd studio program to print and cut out these elements!
A side view.
One last view of the front!
Thank you so much for visiting!  
Hugs!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love all the distressed edges. The pop up is great, I need to try that. Loving that cameo too! I just put a cameo button on one of my flowers today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh this gorgeous! Just as pretty on the inside as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe this is the prettiest Mother's Day card that I have ever seen! Not only are those colors beautiful combined, but all the details are amazing! Your mom will just flip over this creation! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great idea beautifully made! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather