Monday, February 20, 2012

Guest Designer for The Shabby Tea Room Week #102 "High tea"

Hello Friends!!
  I am so excited to share with you that I am a Guest Designer for the Shabby Tea Room.
This weeks Challenge is fabulous!
"High Tea" 
Our creations can be a card or project that is inspired by the photo below, the colors from the photo and a doily. 
Isn't this teacup just divine??  I would love to have a set of these!  Lucky for me..these are some of my favorite colors, so it was easy for me to come up with a project.
I created a Shabby Tea Cup table place card / gift card.
I painted the tea cup in GIMP and added lots of digital flowers from both the Graphic's Fairy and Gecko Galz ( I use GIMP to take the parts of images I want to play with..so it could be just a leaf..or rose bud from the original).  The little girl holding the bunny is from the Bunny Trail Gecko Galz digi stamp set.
My tea cup sits upright, and you can see that I have my own name on it :0)  I can imagine how beautiful it would be to have a table with these set on it..and all my girlfriends names!
Here is my teacup with the goodies removed.
I folded up my doily after inking it with Ranger's old Paper distress ink, and created a little tea bag (one of my best online buddies Carol gave me the loose leaf tea).  The tea bag is attached by an oh so shabby pink iridescent pearl strand to the little Tag.  The tag says "The Shabby Tea Room"..and reminds me of a delicious cup cake.
 Here is another angle
In this photo you can see how I used my perfect medium pen and added perfect pearls in perfect gold.  There are two bookmarks.  One that says..."Come have tea with me in the"  Then you see the little cupcake that says..."The Shabby Tea Room."  I found a picture of a vintage spoon online, used GIMP to clean it up and Inkscape to create a cutting file so I could cut it out with my Black Cat Cougar.
I added the "Spoonful of Sugar" to the spoon.  I figure it could be used as a bookmark.
All my Pink and  Ivory Mulberry Roses, Porcelain Roses, flatback pearls (pink) and leaves as well as pearl sprays came from Pro 31 Designs.
One last photo of the completed Tea cup with goodies inside.
I sure hope that you come and join us in the tea room this week!
I can't wait to see your creations!!  
Make sure to check out the Shabby girls creations, they will inspire you too!!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Congrats Heather! So what week are you guest designer. I will be sure to go and leave you lots of great love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! what a cheery teacup with elegant touches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, obrigada pelo comentário querido...que legal que voce gosta de minhas criações...Parabéns por ser designer convidada!!! Seu projeto é PERFEITO!!! A xícara com a imagem...as flores...tudo lindo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrat's heather on your guest assignment!!! Beautiful work.
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow thats totally amazing and awesome hope i can pluck the courage up to do some creations and post them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:31 PM

    Congrats on being the guest designer : ) Your project is super cute. Love all the girlie details. Hugg and love from your BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Heather, I love your teacup overflowing with goodness!
    Hugs,
    Starr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Heather! I love your Heathery project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. przepiękny jest obrazek dziewczynki z króliczkiem!! uwielbiam tę łyżeczkę, słodki projekt... :) pozdrawiam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! They must be thrilled to have you as a guest designer! Congratulations! This is one gorgeous project! Love your attention to every lucious detail! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather