Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Gecko Galz Blue and Green Challenge

Hello Friends
Just a quick post to say
there are only a few days left to enter your creations into the 
Just click on the link above it will take you to the 
Gecko Galz Paper crafting Yahoo Group.
All you have to do is click the button that says "join this group" 
when you do, let them know that Heather sent you :0) pretty please.
Here is my entry for the challenge.
I used a Gecko Galz digi stamp from the TooTweet Collection (the bird in the center of my blue ribbon.  I also used a blue digi paper from the Gecko Galz "Secret Garden Digital Paper pack.  I also used a blue butterfly from the April set of Ephemera by Gecko Galz called "Pretty little butterflies"..the sheet is GORGEOUS!! All of these collections you will be able to find on the main page at Gecko Galz in April.   I used GIMP to layer the digi stamp on top of the
 digi paper.
I used Inkscape to do the "Get Creative with Gecko Galz Digi Papers and Stamps."  I also created cut line for my project in Inkscape.  Normally I would of used my Black Cat Cougar to cut this out.  But I got a new laptop and I have to have my DH help me set things up.  For some reason instead of my files going to my cutter they are going to the printer...LOL.
I used perfect medium pen to do some doodles on butterflies and around the edges of my ribbon.  I then applied perfect pearls in perfect copper to give it a added touch.  Used Ranger Liquid pearls in  ocean blue to add some dimension .  I cut out an extra set of butterflies, to add dimension as well.
I used the Gecko Galz Fairy Boarders set of clear stamps, specifically the butterfly one to create my pattern on the "paper ribbon" part of my Blue Ribbon.  I used Ranger's chipped sapphire with the border stamp to stamp on the edges of both sides of the papers.  Then I used Peeled paint distress ink on the stamp and stamped a few butterflies down the center of each paper ribbon.
Again, added some perfect pearls in perfect gold.
One last look at the whole thing.
Please come and join us at the Gecko Galz Yahoo Group.
I am off to work in my garden.
Hope you enjoy your day!
Hugs!!
Heather

4 comments:

  1. Wunderschön, himmlisch, die blauen Farbtöne.
    Eine großartige Idee.

    Viele Grüße

    Und danke für deinen netten Kommentar auf meinem Blog. Das hat mich sehr gefreut :-)
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is just GORGEOUS, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heather!!! Love the big splash of color, beautiful blue shade and oh so creative! Good luck with the challenge!

    Big Hugs!
    Starr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather, don't know if you know this, I already joined and I am signed up for a swap and just finished the domino challenge but not posted yet.
    Looks like a fun group.
    Love your ribbon, that blue and green together are gorgeous, one of my fav combos to work this.
    Take care, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather