Saturday, November 17, 2012

Week 38 Sugar Creek Hollow "Use Kraft"

Happy Saturday Friends!!
It is week 38 at Sugar Creek Hollow and we would like to see you use "Kraft Card Stock," in your Vintage or Shabby chic style creations this week. 
I started out with a wood bell shape Christmas ornament, which I painted one side pink, and covered the other side with kraft card stock.  Here is a look at my finished Vintage Chic Ornament.
(short post today...lol)
I used some Ivory Jute ribbon, brown sugar baker's twine, penelope lace from Really reasonable ribbon.  Blue bird image is one I altered from the Graphic Fairy.  I applied the card stock to the 41/2" ornament with glue.  Then I sanded the edges, and inked it with Ranger's Vintage photo.  Added all my embellies, then added some mica flakes to give it a little sparkle.  I really wanted it to be a more "Natural or Nature" looking ornie.
Here is a look at the back.  In all honesty, I painted the ornaments pink first, and was going to paint them in the shabby chic style and then list them on ebay, but then changed my mind and decided to add the kraft paper.  I am happy with how it turned out.
Here you can see one of the tiny kraft card stock flowers I punched and added a champagne pearl center.

I can't wait to see what you create for our challenge at 

Sugar Creek Hollow 
this week!!
I will also be sharing with 
Pink Saturday
Graphic Fairy Brag Monday
Make it Monday
Really Reasonable Ribbon:  Anything but a card & Ribbon


Hugs!!
Heather

18 comments:

  1. WOW! The back is just as gorgeous as the front! Wonderful creation! Heading over to Sugar Creek Hollow.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, had my nose up against the computer screen as i was reading the deets on your minature. Great photography skills, you have me fooled as to how big this items is......lolololo I always love reading those labour intensive details about your projects, cuz i know they take longer to write up than the actual project takes to make.......can you tell spoken from a fellow crafter...lololo cute project, great clustering of embellishments. the blue bird is cute.
    ava g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work Heather..Beautiful festive creation.. Simply Gorgeous... heading over to shop now!!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you Heather for this 'Creative and Pretty' ornament presentation. I am inspired!!! Not only that, but very impressed with how much attention you have given to craftsmanship, detail and making things as nice on the back as they are on the front. Well done. Happy Pink Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous ornament, both sides look amazing.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. How talented and creative you are. Saves you a lot of money when you make things this lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow just fantastic!! Really stunning heather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning! I like the pink but prefer the Kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous... and now it hang anywhere and front and back can both be admired! I'm a krafty girl at heart, so I absolutely love that side - glorious embellishing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty Heather - a stunning piece of art. You added beautiful embellishments, lovely to look at.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ornament- looks fab on both sides, love the sweet bird and all those pearls. Thanks for linking up with MIM this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful,creative work,regards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh just lovely!
    Sue x (MiM#33)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple delightful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Heather, the back is as gorgeous as the front. I love this bell shape and your bird is so very pretty along with all of your beautiful trims.
    I apologize for being absent lately, trying to rest my wrist and stay off the computer, hope you are doing well. Happy Thanksgiving.
    hugs....Patti

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Heather. Your Project is Fantastic. Visiting from MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just so gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. cute..thanks for sharing and playing with us at rrr! cherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather