Monday, January 07, 2013

Vintage Romantic Valentine Card


Hello Friends!!
 I have a Valentine Card that I designed using some of the January Ephemera, Digital Paper and Stamps from Gecko Galz as well as some Lovely Ribbons From Really Reasonable Ribbon!!
that I would like to share with you today.
I started out with a blank ivory colored 5 by 7 inch card blank. I used GIMP to make the digital paper from Gecko Galz 4.75 x 6.75 inches, inked all my pieces with Ranger's Vintage Photo distress ink, layered them using some Candi fix foam pads from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  The Red/ Burgundy and ivory crochet looking piece is one I altered myself.  I wanted it to have an "Old Victorian Post Card" feel to it. Below you will see the Collage that I created using images from the January Ephemera set and Digital stamp set.  I just LOVE how it turned out.  Of course I used GIMP to create this and add the text as well.
 Soooo yummy and romantic!!
Look at the yummy Rose Silk Ribbon I used from Really Reasonable Ribbon.   It is one of my new favorites!!  You can also see some bead spacers that I added to my die cut, as well as some pearl trim and a burgundy rosette.  Here is a close up of the romantic bow that I made with the Baby Pink seam binding from RRR, that I crinkled and distressed, and a vintage button below.
One final look at the front of the card.
Don't forget there is still time to play along in some challenges!!

You can purchase my 
(sorry you will have to get the digi paper pack from GG for the background).


Thank you so much for visiting today!!
Hugs!!
Heather

11 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card here again Heather. I love the warm color and your vintage look makes it look fantastic. Stunning creation here again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I think this is my favorite card I've seen you make. It is absolutely gorgeous! How did you alter the paper to look crocheted?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:00 AM

    Heather
    It doesn't get more divine than this!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Heather, I love all the details, those pearls are awesome too! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be still my heart, this card makes me SWOON. Fabulous details, all! This is sheer eye candy and I could sit here and look at it all day long. Would love a tutorial on how you make your bows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:54 PM

    On my goodness.... absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!! Heather you never seem to stop making my mouth drop....so luscious and beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Very romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Heather your card is stunning! I love your design and the round center piece! Oh so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heather...
    Beautiful card. It is pretty enough to frame and admire.

    I was wondering who won the Gecko Galz December giveaway...I noticed the linky expired but could not find an announcement.

    Wendy ~ http://wendylynnspaperwhims.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather, your digital creations always amaze me...what a gorgeous valentine! Love the binding bow and the rosette....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!! Love the colors.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog today! Hope you found some inspiration...Have a great day! Hugs....Heather